WHEN CAN WE TRY AGAIN???? We don’t want time to grieve. S is beyond ready. Me too. BTW we are feeling almost OK. S took the day off and we had a lovely day today. I am tempted to question how good we are doing, but I don’t want to scare it off. S feels physically fine today, and emotionally well. I think the idea of trying again is giving us hope. I am almost hopeful. Thank you for all of your support. A post is brewing about the copious gratitude I have for all of you internets.
Dr. PSS says technically we should wait 2-3 cycles, but if we want to wait for 1 menstrual cycle it is fine with her, as long as S takes really good care of herself. This means that we would wait for her period to come, start Clomid a few days later then try to inseminate during that ovulation.
Although this sounds perfectly reasonable, it also means waiting until JULY. Or even AUGUST if her period comes in 6 weeks, rather than four, which is entirely possible.
Here is the information I have gathered so far:
1. Everyone who has a miscarriage is lumped into the same category, regardless of how they got pregnant, how old the baby was, and what type of miscarriage they had.
2. The phrase “give your body time to recover” is used A LOT, but is never clarified. Sometimes there is mention that the lining needs to build up, and the hormones need to regulate, and these are the only two reasons that make any sense to me at all. Other reasons like it being hard to know when you will ovulate, not having a LMP (last menstrual period) date by which to monitor the pregnancy, all sound like stupid reasons to wait.
3. S and I are not feeling the need to give ourselves time to grieve. Although this is appropriate for many women, it is not appropriate for us.
4. Our acupuncturist said that many times women are ready to try again the next time they ovulate (before a period) as long as they have a proper lining, and they are strong. She said that S’s pregnancy did not last long enough to deplete S of nutrients, so she can try again whenever she wants to.
5. The home birth midwife called us today (we had an appointment which we canceled yesterday, duh.) Anyway, it was very kind of her to call. I asked what she thought about the timing of trying again. She sees no reason in our case to wait for a period before trying. She only recommends that if the pregnancy is further along when it terminates, if the woman has a lot of blood loss, or is weak or ill (or of course not emotionally ready). She also said that the uterus recovers very quickly.
I’m not sure what to think. It certainly makes the whole thing more tolerable to think about insemming in 2-3 weeks. I see no reason based on my research to wait as long as S’s lining looks ok. Doctors used to say wait, but I think REs are leaning towards not waiting anymore because there isn’t any empirical evidence that the next pregnancy is more likely to end. Right? I am still open to what my doctor says, but if she talks vaguely about S’s body needing to “recover” I’ll have trouble heeding her advice.
What do you think ladies? Personal experience? Your friends? Medical info?