S’s temp is down today, not up, indicating that O probably did not happen yesterday. This is the worst possible timing for the whole thing. If it happens today, or tonight, the sperm will have had to survive for 36 hours or more, certainly possible, but I still have concerns. Although sperm CAN live for 5 days, that is very unusual. The normal upper limit is more like 3 days. Arg. Who knows. LH surge is over. No line. Now we need to decide whether we can rely on her stupid temperature (which has been kooky this cycle). S says she feels exactly the same as she did yesterday, same big crampiness, same feeling of pressure. We think that means she really didn’t O yesterday. Now to decide whether she should drive up for a drive-by-drug-deal-insem tonight (I think our donor won’t be home until 10pm, so she’ll be home at midnight after 4 hours roundtrip driving). It will probably be too late by 10pm. It takes a while for the sperm to get to the egg. Bollucks. I SO wish we got the trigger shot, if we did the latest she would have Oed was this morning at 6 am.
Thank you for your midwife suggestions. I have already called many in the area, and we would still have to lie to them all because they are bound by the same shit doctors are. I’ve just accepted that. The problem is still that the midwives who do at home IUIs do it with frozen sperm. They do not have the means to wash sperm fresh sperm making it safe for an IUI. So the crunchy folks are not helpful either! I will look into the estrogen patch to reduce the dryness. I need to make 1000 calls today. This is an effing part time job.