This waiting is really taking a toll on me. I got sick this week. I had to call in sick from work on Wednesday. I just feel like I’m a wreck, and I can’t get my shit together. We are on pins and needles AND eggshells AND anything else sharp and delicate you can think.
Waiting and trying to figure out how to contact or not contact them:
1. how – what do we say? do we ask them to talk just the 4 of us? do we try to get together for a no-talking-about-donor-shit fun time with our families so we can do some reconnecting? do we tell them we NEED to see them face to face, or do we just pu something out there and hope they want to see us too?
2. via what medium- phone, IM, email
3. to who we should address anything – does S contact UD 1st or do we just send an email to both of them? On the one hand S should probably just talk to UD and maybe they can get together just the two of them. On the other hand, going through him to her and her not seeing us and us not seeing or talking to her seems like a bad plan.
4. do we do absolutely nothing and wait for them to contact us? btw UD has not emailed, called or chatted either of us, and it has been a week.
Arg. There is not an easy answer to ONE of those conundrums. Not one. Meanwhile we are all about anxious tummies and the inability to concentrate.
P.S. S just told me that she is too busy at work today to email or IM UD. So nothing will happen until tomorrow, unless she calls him tonight, which is unlikely. I just want to fall asleep for a few months.